Sunday, June 12, 2011

finally

No more pillows falling behind the bed. Seems like a small thing, but it's not. We got our new bed, oh, maybe 9 months ago and didn't have a headboard. We went from a queen to a king (I highly recommend it for people like me who get boiling hot, like to sleep on a diagonal, and don't want anyone to touch them because their skin feels like an incinerator...said individual shall remain nameless) and our old sleigh bed didn't work anymore. We just bought a bed frame to go with our glorious new, and extremely comfortable bed, but just couldn't make a headboard happen. You know, doctor bills, roof leaks, etc. etc. etc. Our headboard didn't seem to be a priority. Doctor visits over a headboard? Who made that rule, I say? Anyway, (cue the harps and angels singing), it is here...and it is glorious.
I bought the Camden untufted headboard in Burlap from Ballard Designs. I went back and forth between burlap and the white twill. I decided on the burlap because I was worried that the white would (1) show dirt easier and (2) would be a little over the top considering all of the other white that is going to appear in the room. I will post a mood board of the room on my next post. It is reeeeeal purdy :)
I was a little disheartened when I opened the box and it smelled like, well, a burlap sack. Then, the directions really didn't work. It didn't take too much brain power to figure it out, but it is a major pet peeve of mine when directions aren't right. I mean, they ARE directions, right? Can I get an amen? Thank you. However, the headboard went into place, and about a gallon of Fabreeze later (that stuff is heaven sent I tell ya'), all is well in the world. It hardly smells like a potato sack and it is GORGEOUS! Even if it did smell like potato sack, I might not really care considering I have a place to prop up my pillows AND they don't get lost into an abyss at night when they go careening behind the bed.
Take that rogue pillow!!!
Nighty night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Will blog for comments...