Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Readin' & Writin' and 'Rithmatic

Okay, so yes, we are homeschooling next year, and we all know that the most important thing is decorating the homeschooling area, um, I mean curriculum. Tee hee...
Anyway, so curriculum is a go, but I have been trying to figure out how to turn our home into a classroom without it looking like a classroom since schooling is going to take place smack dab in the middle of the dining/living room...and yes, I said smack dab. I am from the south...y'all...
So, I have been doing a few projects. I made a sketch that I won't reveal because I have the artistic talent of a 3 year old. So I will just show you my projects as I go.
I scored 3 of these little desks for $4 a piece. I am going to line them up along the left side of my fireplace (this will become our classroom). I sanded down the edges of the desktops and stained them a darker (less school-ish) color and plan to decoupage 2 of them ((E's with a map and C's with some pretty pink paisley (say that 3 times) wrapping paper)) and paint W's with chalkboard paint. Actually, I have 2 of them done, but in the interest of posting more than once a month, I'm going to make you wait...all 2 of you who read my blog ;)
Also in the mix are 3 book shelves, 3 whiteboards, 3 vintage alphabet flashcards (framed and matted), some cute little lights so my little chirrens can see their work, and a partridge in a pear tree. Just kidding, they don't need light. ;)

Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Will blog for comments...